You know how some business owners moved from one company to another for their website presence?
GoDaddy is a domain registration and web hosting company. It is one of the top domain registrars in the market, and is known for its low price domain registration. HostGator, on the other hand, is a highly regarded web hosting company that has generated a large number of positive reviews from its clients. It offers unlimited hard disk space, unlimited bandwidth, a free Sitebuilder tool, thousands of free website templates, a user-friendly control panel, a variety of discounts and a 45 day money-back guarantee. Combine the two, you get a powerful and reliable website.
If you are new to the concept of website development and are considering on building your first website, then you are probably looking for a reliable web hosting service that makes building your own site a piece of cake. You probably also don’t want to spend a lot of money, in the event that things don’t work out like you plan. If you are not used to the website development, you probably also have no idea whether or not you can take advantage of GoDaddy’s the best prices and HostGator’s well-known web hosting plans with awesome Hostgator coupon code of 2012. By not having these instructions below, you are bound to just use one company both for domain registration and web hosting.
Relax. You can use both GoDaddy’s low-priced domain registration and also HostGator’s web hosting service, no problem. Keep reading to learn how. Within our previous post, many of us mentioned why Hostgator sucks for domain registration and how Godaddy rocks when it comes to domain registration.
Pointing your Godaddy Domain to Hostgator’s Hosting Plan
1) Firstly, you need to purchase a hosting plan at HostGator, which involves just filling out a few simple Web forms giving your name, address and payment information. They’ll send you a confirmation email when you finish. Save the email for future reference.
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you have decided that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price with the Hostgator promo codes below.
2) After this you need to create a GoDaddy account. Register your domain. Godaddy will search first if the domain you want to register if it is still available. If available, you can proceed to the checkout section, if not, Godaddy will display related domain names with various domain extensions.
3) Once you have done this, click on “Domains” on the menu bar. A drop-down menu will appear. Select “My Domains.” The screen will then present you with a list of the domains that you have registered with Go Daddy. Select the domain that you want to use by clicking on it.
4) Select the “Nameservers” option. Click on “Custom nameservers (I host my domains elsewhere).” Find the nameservers information in the email that HostGator has sent to you. It should look something like example.hostgator.com. Enter the details that GoDaddy asks for. Select “OK” to finish things up with Go Daddy.
5) Login to your HostGator account. Add the name of the domain that you registered at Go Daddy via the Add Domain icon that can be found in your control panel. Now you’re ready to build your own HostGator site with your GoDaddy domain name.
For the final step, wait a bit for the domain name to propagate after the DNS change in step 4 above.